Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Causes of Gout
Thumbs Down 
[size=4][b]Ct Scan for Kidney Stones - Causes of Gout[/b][/size][hr]Gout is a painful disease of the joints, which usually affects the big toe first in most people. It is caused by too much uric acid in the blood. Uric acid is formed by the breakdown of chemicals called purines, which can lead to high levels of uric acid and cause many problems such as joint swelling and kidney stones. Normally the uric acid is dissolved in the blood and passes out via the kidneys into the urine but if this does not occur it can build up in the body and cause the crystals to deposit and cause gout.

[list][*]Low carbohydrate diets, especially when very protein rich and with inadequate water intake can also cause gout.[*]A family history of gout may also predispose a person towards getting it.[/list]

Medications such as diuretics (which help the kidney eliminate more urine) or aspirin cause gout. And people who have had an organ transplant are prone to gout. Patients on numerous medicines should talk to their healthcare provider to see if there are interactions between medicine and if an alternate drug may help. The common vitamin niacin can also trigger gout.

[size=large][b]Some Genetic Diseases Affect the Breakdown of Uric Acid and Also Cause It to Build Up[/b][/size][hr]Other causes include exposure to lead, foods high animal protein, some medications, obesity, excess alcohol or foods rich in purines. Some foods that cause gout are organ meats such as liver, brain and kidneys. Other foods include herring, anchovies, peas and dried beans. Alcohol affects the elimination of uric acid especially when taken in excess.

[list][*]Gout is a condition that results when crystals of uric acid are deposited body tissues, and is characterized by an overload of this acid.[*]It causes joints to become inflamed and is often very painful.[*]Chronic gout can lead to deposits of hard lumps in and around the joints.[*]One of the most common problems that can be associated with gout and kidney function is blockage of these organs.[*]This blockage occurs in the tubular filters that allow the kidneys to rid the body of unwanted materials.[*]When they become clogged with uric acid crystals, the kidneys are unable to perform their proper function.[*]When this happens, kidney failure can occur.[*]This condition must be treated right away in order to restore proper function to the kidneys, and to the body.[*]Using the intuition I had on Kidney Stones, I thought that writing this article would indeed be worth the trouble.[*]Most of the relevant information on Kidney Stones has been included here.[/list]

[size=large][b]Not Everyone Who Has Gout Will Experience Such Severe Symptoms[/b][/size][hr]Some patients may only develop elevated blood uric acid levels, a condition that is known as hyperuricemia. These patients may not have the arthritic joint pain and other symptoms. The actual term "gout" is often used in reference to the painful joint attacks. An idle brain, is a devil's workshop they say. Using this ideology in mind, we ventured to write on Gout Attacks, so that something productive would be achieved of our minds.

[list][*]Gout, when referred to in this way, is usually an extremely painful arthritic attack with a rapid onset of joint inflammation.[*]The deposits of uric acid crystals in the joint fluid that helps to facilitate proper motion precipitate this inflammation.[*]When this occurs, this fluid is unable to correctly do its job because the crystals are in the way.[*]Because of this, the joints are not able to move properly, and movement becomes very painful.[*]We were a bit tentative when embarking on this project on Uric Acid.[*]However, using the grit and determination we have, we have produced some fine reading material on Uric Acid.[*]Gout has the distinction of being one of the most recorded medical illnesses throughout history.[*]It is also said to be related to an inherited abnormality in the ability for the body to process uric acid.[*]Uric acid is a break-down of pureness that is part of the many foods frequently consumed.[*]This inability to process uric acid can cause the painful attacks of gout, along with the other serious conditions mentioned above.[/list]

Quote:While hyperuricemia and gout often occur together, there is currently not medical evidence that shows their exact relationship. Some patients with hyperuricemia do not develop gout, while others with repeated gout attacks show normal or low blood uric acid levels. Still, it continues to be a common problem, and should be treated to keep other more serious conditions from occurring. Because it is painful, and, therefore, very distinguishable, it can usually be easily diagnosed and quickly treated. Drinking coffee may well help your gout Kidney seemed to be something illogical in the beginning. However, with the progress of matter, it seemed logical. Matter just started pouring in, to give you this finished product.

[size=large][b]Few Years Ago, My Friend Greg Approached Me about His Arthritic Problem of Gout![/b][/size][hr]He told me about his daily battle with the pain associated with gout! He also mentioned how going to bed (typically when a gout attack occurs) was more like a chore than a pleasure! Can you relate with Greg? The pain, the misery, the dread of the next attack! Or do you know a loved one who suffers from this painful disease? Smile

[size=large][b]Here is a List of Some Basic Tips If You or a Loved One is Suffering from Gout![/b][/size][hr][b] )[/b] Maintain Your Healthy Weight! [b] )[/b] Avoid Eating Meats (Purines)! The presentation of an article on Gout bulletin board an important role in getting the reader interested in reading it. This is the reason for this presentation, which has gotten you interested in reading it!

[list][*]Do you want a simple step-by-step natural gout cure treatment that is guaranteed to work?[*]Are you sick of popping pills to 'band-aid' the pain?[/list]

[size=large][b]Let Me Explain![/b][/size][hr][b]Curing Gout and Decreasing Your Chance of Heart Disease[/b] My career is centered around health! Therefore, my favorite part of the newspaper is the 'Health' Section. And while reading the daily paper, I noticed an article about gout! "Gout Increases Risk of Coronary Heart Disease". I instantly flipped the page and thought 'duh'. But, after thinking about my friend Greg, his family, our friendship, his life... I immediately flipped back and read the interesting article! Smile

And finally, if you want to follow the same path that Greg and hundreds of other ex-gout sufferers followed, please take a few seconds to consider: Some of the matter found here that is pertaining to Gout Cure Treatment seems to be quite obvious. You may be surprised how come you never know about anti gout diet tips!

[b] )[/b] Drink half your weight in water! In ounces that is! I weight 180 pounds so I would drink 90 ounces of water per day! Roughly, 11 cups of water per day! Self-praise is no praise. So we don't want to praise ourselves on the effort put in writing on Gout Cure Treatment. instead, we would like to hear your praise after reading it!

[size=large][b]Gout can be a Life and Death Ailment If Left Untreated![/b][/size][hr]I immediately made a phone call to Greg to check up! Greg followed our simple Natural Gout Cure and cured his gout, lost over 20 pounds and his blood pressure was over 15 points lower! I jokingly told him that he will be our 'cure gout poster child'. It is always better to have compositions with as little corrections in it as possible. This is why we have written this composition on Gout Cure Treatment with no corrections for the reader to be more interested in reading it.

[size=large][b]Do You Want to Discover a Simple 'Kitchen Cupboard' Cure that Works in Minutes?[/b][/size][hr]If you answered 'yes' to any of these questions, please take a few moments to check out our Natural Gout Cure Website and our NO-RISK guarantee! I would love to help you get your life back, cure your gout and possibly save your life!

European study reported a 16 year follow-up of over 9,000 men between 41 and 63 who entered the study with no evidence of coronary heart disease (CHD). After the study follow-up, most men continued to suffer with gout attacks but also were considered high risk for coronary heart disease. And as you might know, 1 out of every 5 deaths is associated with heart disease.

[size=large][b]Do You Want to Discover How You can Cure the Pain and Not Hide It?[/b][/size][hr]Are you tired of wasting over 200 dollars on a hospital visits and over-priced medication? We find great potential in Gout Remedies. This is the reason we have used this opportunity to let you learn the potential that lies in Gout Remedies.

[size=large][b]And the Kicker![/b][/size][hr]Men with gout were about 50% more likely to die from an acute heart attack than those men without gout! With millions of gout hospital visits each year, and over 500,000 coronary deaths per year... Can you understand the seriousness of gout? It is rather interesting to note that people like reading about Gout Sufferers if they are presented in an easy and clear way. The presentation of an article too is important for one to entice people to read it!

But like Greg (who has been gout free for almost 8 months now), you can naturally cure gout with simple gout remedies and gout prevention cures! And an added bonus, if you live a gout free lifestyle, I guarantee that you will lose weight and decrease your chance of heart disease in the process. Smile

You know anything about gout, you would guess that Greg was the perfect candidate for this arthritic condition. Greg was 30 pounds overweight, had a sedentary lifestyle (a sitting job), didn't exercise, typically ate high carb/fat meals, loved his beer and was 38 years old. I later realized, I probably could have approached him about wanting to try our natural gout cure as opposed to him coming to me.

[list][*][b] )[/b] Avoid or limit Alcohol Consumption. [b] )[/b] Exercise on a daily basis![*]Try to get at least 15 minutes of activity per day.[*]We did not write too elaborate an article on Gout Attacks as it would be then difficult for the common man to read it.[*]We have written this article in such a way that everyone will be able to read and understand it! [*][b] This is the second article of a series about this diet.[*]Please see Natural Gout Treatment - The Rules Of A Gout Diet That Had A Lot Of Success, for the first article.[/b] [/list]

This study, based on the Zone diet, did have a positive effect on markers of insulin resistance: triglycerides, total cholesterol, LDL cholesterol ("bad" cholesterol) fell. HDL cholesterol ("good" cholesterol) did not fall. But my purpose in this article is mainly to describe its direct effect on uric acid levels and gout attacks.

[list][*]The results were sufficiently impressive to give hope and encouragement to any gout sufferer who tries this diet as accurately as possible.[*]The study was conducted in 1999.[*]Unfortunately it has not been followed up by a much larger one designed on the same lines.[*]If conducted, such a study would expand our knowledge of natural gout treatment, perhaps considerably.[*]A natural gout cure is what most gout sufferers want.[*]People always think that they know everything about everything; however, it should be known that no one is perfect in everything.[*]There is never a limit to learning; even learning about Gout Diet.[/list]

After four months on this diet the effects on uric acid levels and gout attacks were quite impressive. [b] Weight loss and uric acid levels [/b] Weight loss over the period was almost 17lbs ( 7kg) i.e. at a rate of about 1lb a week. All but one of the patients lost weight. The median uric acid (UA) fall was 7mg/dL.Another very interesting finding was that a more elevated blood uric acid level at the start of the study, meant a large fall of blood uric acid by the end of it. Uric acid levels normalised in 7 of 12 patients who had raised levels of uric acid (UA) before the study. The best way of gaining knowledge about Allopurinol is by reading as much about it as possible. This can be best done through the Internet. Big Grin.

The study can be found online if you search "Beneficial effects of weight loss associated with moderate calorie/carbohydrate restriction, and increased proportional intake of protein and unsaturated fat on serum urate and lipoprotein levels in gout: a pilot study." Copy and paste this into a search engine search box and hit enter. Never be reluctant to admit that you don't know. There is no one who knows everything. So if you don't know much about Uric Acid Level, all that has to be done is to read up on it!

[i] NB. The contents of this article contain medical information not medical advice. Please always discuss remedies with your doctor or other health care professional before implementing any treatment.[/i] Variety is the spice of life. So we have added as much variety as possible to this matter on Natural Gout Treatment to make it's reading relevant, and interesting!

[size=large][b]Note Especially that the Mean Uric Acid (UA) Fall Was[/b][/size][hr]7mg/dL. In a couple of cases it fell by 2 mg/dL and by 5mg/dL respectively. Hyperuricemia, (excess uric acid), which may lead to gout, is reckoned to exist if the UA levels exceed 2 mg/dL (men), and 0 mg/dL (women). The usual UA target in gout treatment is 0 mg/dL (somewhat less in women) because at this level the MSU crystals, formed mainly from uric acid may dissolve. (It is the immune system's response to these crystals, which it regards as foreign bodies, which causes the pain and inflammation of gout).

[list][*][b] AFTER ONE YEAR [/b] About a year later, five of nine patients had no more gout attacks and three had just one attack.[*]So there was a further decrease in attack frequency overall.[*]One patient gained weight after the end of the study.[*]He must have given up on the diet.[*]He suffered three attacks over three months.[*]His blood uric acid levels rose with his weight.[*]Every cloud has a silver lining; so consider that this article on Gout Attack to be the silver lining to the clouds of articles on Gout Attack.[*]It is this article that will add more spice to the meaning of Gout Attack.[/list]

Were the study patients taking long term medications, such as Allopurinol, for their gout? They were not. They were only taking medications for gout attacks. The study report did not say how much water they drank. Most gout sufferers know that drinking lots of water helps to remove uric acid. In gout treatment there are always caveats. The study was small. Only 13 male gout sufferers. The study lasted just four months, although there were follow-up results after one year (median). The researchers noted a connection between weight loss and a fall in uric acid levels in another study and expected the nutrient proportions (40:30: contributed to the uric acid fall. They thought that the dietary measures caused the desired improvement in insulin sensitivity. Learning about things is what we are living here for now. So try to get to know as much about everything, including Normal Uric Acid whenever possible.

[i] In the study report, uric acid levels were expressed as mmol/l. In this article I have converted these mmol/l numbers to mg/dL, which is a more frequently used measurement. [/i] Did you ever believe that there was so much to learn about Gout? Neither did we! Once we got to write this article, it seemed to be endless.

[b] And gout attacks? [/b] Results overall were expressed as a median. Before the study, participants had at least two attacks in the preceding four months. Median monthly attacks before the study were After it, attacks fell to The fall in the number of gout attacks occurred in all except one patient. The exception participant had shorter and less severe attacks. Eight of the 13 did not have a gout attack during the four month study period, although as mentioned, they had all had at least two in the previous four months and, as noted above, the median was 1 a month, or one attack a fortnight, (every two weeks).

So a fall of 1.7 mg/dL, given these numbers, is quite significant, although you should note that many gout sufferers have UA levels much higher than 7.2 mg/dL, and some gout sufferers do not have excess uric acid. We worked as diligently as an owl in producing this composition on Gout Treatment. So only if you do read it, and appreciate its contents will we feel our efforts haven't gone in vain.